If your core traveler’s style is “Engagist,” follow the next steps listed below. Then you’ll be on your way to living more adventurously and world-savvy.
Taking these simple actions will help you hone your gift – that is, your “traveler’s superpower.” And by following the road where they lead, you’ll begin to experience international adventure on a regular basis.
Not sure yet what kind of traveler you are and have no idea what your superpower as a traveler is? Take the quiz!
7 Simple Ways to Add Adventure to Your Day, Today
- Join a local meetup group for foreign language fans or travel buffs.
- Subscribe to a podcast that either teaches a language you’ve been wanting to learn OR features conversations conducted in a language you want to understand better.
- Meditate on 1 Peter 4:10.
- Sign up for your church’s next international missions trip.
- Learn the words of a favorite worship song in another language. (Maybe the same language that will come in handy on that missions trip.)
- Pray, with specificity and consistency, for a different country each day by subscribing to Operation World.
- Read this article about Japan travel that may be of interest to you as an Engagist. Japanese festivals offer lots of opportunities for you to engage with local folks one-to-one.