Hey there, Food Adventurer Friend ~
The news that Florida restaurants now have the go-ahead to reopen with 100 percent capacity has cheered me up more than a bit.
Particularly as I’m planning a trip to Texas next month, it has given me reason to hope that restrictions here in New Mexico could relax soon as well.
Because, if not, the powers that be may expect me to stay in quarantine for 14-days when I return. And, though I do like our home, the word that comes to mind is: Really?
But never mind, we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.
For now, let’s get on to this week’s ~
1. In good time for the holidays: Trader Joe’s is about to rock your pumpkin-lovin’ world. You’ll have all the pumpkin products you need to prepare holiday treats and then some.
2. I’m both a dog and a cat person. I like coffee and I like tea, too. Does that make me weird? Perhaps. But it also means I like learning about easy ways to try new kinds of tea.
3. The curious combo of great baking and British humor have returned for another season on Netflix. Forks ready!
4. Even if we’re not able to get to Hawaii right now, we can eat Hawaiian food. Best of all, we can make it at home. Let me show you how with a new recipe, right here.
5. A quote: A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat. — Old New York proverb
Not yet subscribed to Five Bites? I’d love to have you join us by signing up here.