Hey there, Food Adventurer Friend ~
Used to be Wednesdays were my favorite day of the week. But this season in this particular year, Friday is fast becoming the very best day to be, well, me.
Last month, we celebrated my birthday; and this weekend, our wedding anniversary.
So you know we ran off for lunch at the fab local eatery, Forghedaboudit Pizza.
And unlike my first visit to this restaurant — in its Deming, NM location — I actually decided to order …
If you like crisp in your crust, you’ll get it at Forghedaboudit. Along with a sauce that will surprise you with its sweetness.
A real beauty of a custom gluten-free pizza.
Now it happens that I tend to operate by the belief that anything on a plate — that’s not dessert — could use some garlic. But this time out, I didn’t bother to ask for it.
Drop by Forghedaboudit Pizza your next time driving the I-10 through Las Cruces and see if it ain’t so.
Now here’s to your new week turning out as enJoyable as our anniversary day!
1. Ever since perusing these images depicting the most iconic food in every state, I’ve been trying to figure out how to take a road trip to through the South and end up in Hawaii🏝. Look and see where in the U.S. your appetite leads you.
2. Remember the old tale about two guys, down-on-their-luck, who coaxed their neighbors into contributing ingredients for their “stone soup?” Well, turns out there really is such a thing as stone soup!
3. “I’m actually not that good a cook…I just work really hard at it.” The admission is one of several surprises in this profile of the cookbook author, Ina Garten. How encouraging it is to learn that Mrs. Garten’s baking skills came through hard work and not some baking genie🧞♀️. Which reminds me of the first time Ina Garten helped me out…
4. Three cheers for the Spanish Navy. Not only does it aim to boost Spain’s reputation on the high seas. It’s on a historic mission to provide her with high quality booze, too.
5. A quote: “For me, the cooking life has been a long love affair, with moments both sublime and ridiculous. But like a love affair, looking back you remember the happy times best—the things that drew you in, attracted you in the first place, the things that kept you coming back for more.”— Anthony Bourdain, from his book📖 Kitchen Confidential Updated Edition: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly
Did someone forward this edition of Five Bites to you? I’d love to have you join us by signing up here.